Treating Heel Pain
When you come to see us for persistent heel pain, we will always first take time to fully evaluate your condition.
That means not only a physical examination, but talking with you to learn more about when your heel pain tends to occur and how it affects your life. We also recommend bringing a well-worn pair of shoes with you, as those can provide us some helpful information on your walking gait and whether you may have any high pressure areas.
Once we have all the information we need, we can make a diagnosis and our best recommendations for finding relief. There is no one “cookie cutter” plan for every heel pain patient, and an overall regimen might include one or more of the following:
- Standard rest, icing, and elevation
- Prescribing custom orthotics to provide corrective support of structural abnormalities and properly redistribute weight across the feet
- Regenerative therapies such as PRP and stem cell injections to accelerate healing of soft tissue injuries
- Specific stretches and exercises to condition critical areas of the feet and lower legs
- The use of special equipment such as padding and splints to help reduce pain and promote healing
Almost all cases of heel pain can be effectively treated via conservative methods such as those above. If, in rare circumstances, they do not provide the results we need, surgery might be considered as an option for finding lasting relief. If so, we will fully discuss all of your options with you and happily answer any questions you may have before you decide how you wish to move forward.
Heel Pain Treatment in Gilbert and Casa Grande
The sooner you receive targeted, professional help for your heel pain, the sooner you can overcome your discomfort. You may also help keep your condition from becoming worse or longer lasting, as well.
Schedule an appointment at once of our three area offices by calling (480) 962-4281 or by filling out our online contact form.